A View of Our Architectural Past

The building at 5900 North Dixie Drive, at Division Avenue From the front cover of the August 9, 1959 bulletin
From the Dayton Daily News, December, 1959 "Construction of the new Northridge Church of Christ building is nearing completion as workmen hurry to finish the project before the scheduled opening-day service - Dec. 20. Construction was begun last March on the $100,000, one-story building located at Needmore Rd. and N. Dixie Dr. The church includes a 600 seating capacity auditorium and 14 classrooms. The brick and masonry building was bought by sale of church bonds by the congregation. The opening-day service next week will feature a talk by Williard Collins, vicepresident of Lipscomb college in Nashville, Tenn. - Staff Photos by Paul Horn"
From the Dayton Daily News, 1959. Construction is completed.

From the Dayton Daily News, 1959 - 1960? "New church costing $100,000 was opened in December...The one-story semi-modern Northridge Church of Christ is at Needmore road and North Dixie. An educational annex is planned later."
A painting of the building by member Bill May

SiteSkins.net Make your own website